About Rachel Tenny
We are in the business of empowering women to connect deeply and meaningfully with themselves: through prioritizing their mental well-being, making peace with their bodies, or identifying their worth.
Rachel Tenny is run by, you guessed it, Rachel Tenny. She is a new mom, therapist, and artist who calls Charlotte, NC home.
"I'm so glad you're here and have found my work! If we met for coffee, here's what I would want you to know.
- You are already enough, just as you are
- You don’t have to prove your worth
- Changing your body won’t make you like yourself more
- The way you look is the least interesting thing about you
- Being able to fully experience your emotions without numbing or avoiding them is the only way to heal
- Your story matters and by being able to share it you can help change how others see themselves
- Regardless of what you have been through, you are worthy of living a life that matters to you
- Doing it all may seem appealing, but you do not have too - in fact you should't
- You deserve to be seen and known for who you truly are"
I share my life with my husband, our daughter (Sloane) and our rescue pups (Tinsley & Sophia). I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC for short...I know, it's a mouthful) in private practice and I specialize in eating disorders, disordered eating, body image, and women's issues.
My passions intersect in my work to empower female creatives to prioritize and focus on their mental health, work with individuals wanting to establish a healthy relationship with their bodies, and create colorful artwork with meaningful messages. While those things may all seem a bit random, they are all a piece of the passion that makes me, me.
When I am not painting or seeing clients, you can find me enjoying my backyard, travelling, trying new restaurants, or snuggling on the couch with a good book. Lately, we have been doing lots of snuggling with baby Sloane.